1. April 15, 2010: ICBC submitted application to Reserve Bank of India for setting up the branch in India.
2. February 02, 2011: Reserve Bank of India granted the In-Principal approval to ICBC for opening the branch.
3. May 16, 2011: ICBC Mumbai Branch obtained the final license from Reserve Bank of India.
4. June 28 2011: ICBC Mumbai Branch completed the registration procedures in Registrar of Company.
5. July 29, 2011: ICBC Mumbai Branch obtained the approval for appointment of CEO from Reserve Bank of India.
6. September 15, 2011: ICBC Mumbai Branch officially started business.
7. October 5, 2011: Reserve Bank of India granted to ICBC Mumbai Branch a license as Authorized Dealer Category-Ⅰ to deal in foreign exchange.
8. October 21, 2011: ICBC Mumbai Branch achieved the first credit transaction by virtue of issuance of Working Capital Loan to Yapp India Automotive Systems Private Limited.
9. November 25, 2011: ICBC Mumbai Branch obtained Bank Code allotted by Reserve Bank of India.
10. December 1, 2011: The name of “Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited” was formally included in the Second Schedule by Reserve Bank of India.
11. February 22, 2012: ICBC signed final agreement with Reliance Communications Limited (RCOM) towards the refinancing of its outstanding FCCBs of USD 1.182 billion (Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds). ICBC Mumbai Branch was empowered to play a management role as Authorized Dealer.
12. August 28, 2012: ICBC Mumbai Branch participated in Signing Ceremony and Dialogue of Sino-Indian Enterpreneur in New Delhi. Mr. Chen Deming, Commerce Minister of China and Mr. Anand Sharma, Commerce and Industry Minister of India jointly attended the event.
13. November 26, 2012: ICBC’s Vice-President, Mr. Zhang Hongli attended BOAO FORUM FOR ASIA in Mumbai and presented a speech in theme of Open, Innovation and Regulation - The Balance of Finance Sector in Asia during the Panel Discussion.
14. December 03, 2012: ICBC Mumbai Branch signed Strategy Agreement of Financing Cooperation with Global Power Wind Limited to support its new energy project in India.
15. April 17, 2013: ICBC Mumbai Branch signed Local Financing Agreement with Adani Group against its Syndication Loan jointly sanctioned by ICBC, CDB and SCB to support the Trioda Thermal Power Project (3×660MW).
16. October 19, 2013: ICBC Mumbai Branch officially started the operation of Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) System.
17. January 03, 2014: ICBC Mumbai Branch was selected as the 3rd President Company of Mumbai Association of Chinese Enterprises and the Chief Executive Officer of the Branch, Mr. Sun Xiang took up the post of President of the association.
18. January 08, 2014: ICBC Mumbai Branch officially started the operation of National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) System.
19. April 30, 2014: ICBC Mumbai Branch officially started the operation of Negotiated Dealing System Call (NDS Call).
20. June 15, 2014: ICBC Mumbai Branch officially started the operation of Negotiated Dealing System Order Matching (NDS-OM).